1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best veg restaurants in Bangalore

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Ishita, Jul 28, 2016.

1. Ishita

Ishita New Member

I am going Bangalore with a colleague, and we are both vegetarians. We both love eating food, so it hitting the places to eat in Bangalore will be a must for us.

I have joined the forum because it is travel related and saw a food and drink section.

I would like to know what the best veg restaurants in Bangalore are?

Please also mention what should be ordered at the suggested restaurants?

I don't mind where in Bangalore it is, as we are willing to travel.

2. I am wondering about vegetarian restaurants in India in general myself. I am wondering if it's even feasible to eat vegetarian the entire time that I am there. I used to eat meat, so going back for a little while would not be a huge travesty to me, especially if it meant having a better and more authentic experience of India.

However, I would be interested to know if there are many options for veggies in India, so will be watching this thread closely to see what others come up with for Bangalore specifically. I hope that you are able to find something for you and your colleague. :)

3. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

"The higher taste" at ISKON temple is a good one and 100% pure vegetarian restaurant and they do not even use any onions or garlic. Punjabi Raswadais another famous restaurant at Jayanagar and serves vegetarian food. Finding a restaurant that serves purely vegetarian food is never a problem in India, just look for the sign "pure Vaishno" that essentially means vegetarian food.

4. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Ishita!

Luckily, there are a lot of vegetarian restaurants in the Bangalore area. Here's a few that I can recommend to you:
    • Om Pure Veg - This is located in: 18, 36, Ground Floor, Raheja Arcade, 7th Block, Koramangala 7th Block, Bangalore. They have North Indian cuisines. Their thali is only at Rs. 180 per person. It's unlimited as well except for the sweet, papad and drinks. Aside from the three mentioned, the thali consists of tuar daal, rice, phulka, raita, pickle, chutney and salad. I think what makes this restaurant stand out is that the food tastes home cooked. It isn't oily at all and is very healthy. The only downside is, their menu is very limited. However, they make up for it by serving great quality food with great service. Their daal dhokli is also worth a try.
    • The Green Path - Forgotten Food - This is located in: Organic State, Opposite Manthri Metro station, Sampige Road, Rajiv Gandhi Circle, Seshadripuram, Bangalore. They have North Indian, South Indian and Continental cuisines. Perhaps what sets this restaurant apart is its ambiance. As soon as you enter the restaurant, the lush greenery and the gush of the water flowing will greet you. There's a buffet here, which changes its theme every week. The ingredients used in the food here are all organic and they claim to have the largest organic buffet in the country. Try out their millet dosa and curd rice, they're my favourite. And also, they're pumpkin fritters are quite tasty, as delicious than French fries even.
    • Baba Chatkora - You can find this in: B3, Commercial Site BB 933 (C), 16th Main Road, 2nd Stage, BTM, Bangalore. They have North Indian cuisine. If you're a person who have a big appetite, then consider this place. For the price you pay, you get way more than that. The servings are quite huge and can even be good for two persons. Try out there paani puri, pind di thali and aloo gobhi.
    • Kapoor's Cafe - Their address is: Near Thubarahalli Bus Stop, Inside Gurukul Compound, Thubarahalli, Whitefield, Bangalore. They have North Indian cuisine as well. This cafe is best known for their parathas and they have a huge variety of it. Personally, I can recommend their four cheese parantha, aloo paratha and paneer paratha.
    • Green Theory - They can be found in: 15, Convent Road, Off Residency Road, Residency Road, Bangalore. This restaurant has Italian cuisine. Their chilled avocado soup is incredibly tasty, you'd love cold soups once you tasted this. You can also try their moussaka, penne pasta and potato skin with cheese & cream.
    • Time Traveller - Sai Vishram - Their address is: 144 - C/1, Kirloskar Road, Bommasandra Industrial Estate, Hebbagodi, Electronic City, Bangalore. They have Continental and North Indian cuisines. They have a vegetarian buffet spread, with a lot of variety. You'd have to pay Rs. 400 per person for the buffet which is very reasonable. I liked their paneer curry, seekh kebab and for dessert, kheer.
    • Vaathsalya Millet Cafe - They are located in: 277, 15th Cross, 21 Main, Outer Ring Road, JP Nagar 5th Phase, JP Nagar, Bangalore. This restaurant has meals revolving around millets. For that alone, meals here can be quite expensive. But since you're paying for the quality, it is worth it. You can try out their vegetarian thali for some variety of dishes. I can also recommend their payasa, which is also made from millet and is uniquely delicious.

Enjoy and have fun!

Admin likes this.
  5. djordjem87

djordjem87 Member

i am more interested in vegetarian street food. I always liked to have a taste of street food. Somehow I feel the spirit of the people. I talk to them, while they are making. Where ever I go I do this and India seems like a perfect place for street food. I love the spices and although I generally do not eat meat I would probably have a taste of some best meals but still I am interested in street veg food in some areas. I have plans to go somewhere with my girlfriend and India is very much a type of place where we could end up.

6. vkar

vkar Member

Bangalore has a lot of good vegetarian restaurants, so you are in luck. I would suggest you check out Kamath Bugle Rock (very near to Bull temple). The food is good and the price is decent. You can also try out The Green Path Forgotten Food (Malleshwaram, near metro station) which is a bit on the expensive side, but kind of worth it once in a while.