1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Non veg restaurants in Ahmedabad

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Bhakti, Sep 6, 2016.

1. Bhakti

Bhakti New Member

I am from Leicester and currently in Ahmedabad. My cousins who came from Leicester with me are all fed up of having vegetarian food at home and even outside. We want some non-veg food, which no one in our families eats, apart from our parents, but they are enjoying the veg meals, it's just us kids.

My cousins and I will be going out on our own in a couple of days and would like to know about some of the good non-veg restaurants in Ahmedabad. More than one recommendations would be good to know, as we are in India for another three weeks yet.

djtravels likes this.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Bhakti! Welcome to the forum!

Here are some of the best non-vegetarian restaurants in Ahmedabad:

1. La Bella - This restaurant has Goan cuisine reminiscent of the Old Ahmedabad. In fact, the restaurant is pretty small, resembling a small home. If you're craving for some home cooked non-vegetarian meals at an affordable price, then do consider this place. Meals have low usage of oil and spices so they're very healthy. They also won't break the bank at about Rs. 40 per plate of curry. The owners are a married couple who have been in the business for over 50 years now. The menu is very limited though but for the price and taste you get, you really cannot complain about it.
    • Address - Behind Preyas High School, Khanpur, Bhadra, Ahmedabad.
    • Contact Number - +91 9099040668.
    • Must Try Dishes - Chicken stew, chicken masala and mutton fry.
    2. Cafe Upper Crust - This restaurant has Continental, North Indian, Asian and Thai cuisines. They are best known for their sizzlers and desserts. They also have home delivery services for guests. They have a wide variety of vegetarian and non-vegetarian dishes so you can still bring your other family members here.
    • Address - Ground and First Floor, Aarohi Complex, Vijay Cross Road, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad.
    • Contact Number - 079 30641914.
    • Must Try Dishes - Code red chicken sizzler, creamy garlic chicken steak and arabiata pasta.
    3. Daawat E Khaas - They have a variety of cuisines: Hyderabadi, North Indian, Mughlai and Lucknowi. This restaurant is most well-known for their kebabs, due to their tenderness and flavour. They mostly have chicken dishes but you'd also find other meat dishes in the menu. Make sure that you arrive at an earlier time as this restaurant is always packed with customers. You'd also have to wait longer to be served due to the crowds, which is one of the downsides of visiting this place.
    • Address - Dhara Center, Opposite Hero Showroom, Vijay Cross Road, Navrangpura, Ahmedabad.
    • Contact Number - 079 30001777.
    • Must Try Dishes - Chicken masala papad, tandoori chicken and chicken dum biryani.
    4. The Trophy By Tomato's - This restaurant has North Indian, European, Continental and Asian cuisines. If you and your cousins are a fan of sports, then you'd love the interiors of this restaurant as it's sport-themed. For starters, they give free popcorn to guests as you wait for your meals to be served. For the main dishes, they have a variety of non-vegetarian meals like pizzas, chickens and kebabs. They also have a variety of cocktails and mocktails.
    • Address - The YMCA, SG Highway, Makarba, Satellite, Ahmedabad.
    • Contact Number - 079 30641709.
    • Must Try Dishes - Mexican hotpot, pizza supreme and Afghani kebabs.
    5. Sandwichworkz - This restaurant has Indian cuisines as well as some International cuisines. This is more like a cafe/restaurant which is perfect for breakfast or even for snacks. The place itself is just small so make sure you go during off-peak hours or just go earlier to be able to get a seat. Don't let the little space turn you off as they serve delicious non-vegetarian dishes. They also have many varieties of shakes which are perfect for a hot afternoon in Ahmedabad.
    • Address - Numbers 5 & 6, Madhav Complex, IIM Road, Vastrapur, Ahmedabad.
    • Contact Number - 079 30920308.
    • Must Try Dishes - Egg dosa with shredded chicken stuffing, spicy omelette and paneer sandwich.
    6. Dravida - The Fern - They have Andhran, Konkan, Keralan, Mangalorean and Chettinad cuisines. If you've been craving for coastal dishes, then this is the place to be. With their elegant interiors and cosy ambience, this restaurant is an all-in-one package. It's one of the few places in the country where Southern dishes are celebrated and are served to all guests. They have a variety of seafood dishes that are lip-smacking and delicious. They are best known though for their authentic Keralan dishes but the truth is, all dishes that they serve are flavourful and certainly something to be proud of as they're all local and endemic to the Southern region.
    • Address - The Fern, Near Sola Overbridge, SG Highway, Sola, Ahmedabad.
    • Contact Number - 079 71001001 or +91 9099937407.
    • Must Try Dishes - Malabar fried prawn, chicken Chettinad with Malabar parotta and paal katti vengayatha masala.
    7. Magic Chicken - This restaurant only has Lebanese cuisine. They have a limited menu but it's a must for chicken lovers to try this place. It's an open restaurant so ambience-wise, you cannot expect much. But the taste and quality of food makes up for it. Another good thing about this place is it's healthier as compared to other shawarma places in the region.
    • Address - Ground Floor, Regency Park Plaza, Opposite Amber Tower, Sarkhej, Ahmedabad.
    • Contact Number - +91 7567676769.
    • Must Try Dishes - Shawarma, chicken tandoori and al-faham.
    8. Awadhpuri - They have Awadhi, Lucknowi and Mughlai cuisines. Perhaps this is one of the most expensive restaurants here but the taste of the food is all worth it. They have a nice spread of non-vegetarian dishes so you have different options. They're also one of the few restaurants serving authentic Awadhi dishes which are quite rare to see these days.
    • Address - First Floor, Pushpak Complex, Opposite Prahlad Nagar Garden, Prahlad Nagar, Ahmedabad.
    • Contact Number - 079 31202220 or +91 9825073771.
    • Must Try Dishes - Awadhi dum biryani, Galawati kebabs and nihari gosht.
    I hope this helps!

3. djtravels

djtravels Member

Well, I feel really bad for you. Even when I was there, I couldn't take the sweetness of food. I mean I loved it the first week, but after that I literally missed regular food. Anyways, here are the top 3 picks from me:

1. Awadhpuri - Not only will you find rich meats, they also have some of the best delicacies made out of meat which will melt in your mouth.
    2. Tandoor works - This is another one of those places where you'll easily want to forget table manners.
    3. Barbeque Nation - Finally, I know you're British and this is a very American place. But, Bbq nation is the place you're looking for if you really want to quell your hunger and have something that you'd usually find at home.