1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best veg restaurants in Mumbai

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by RiderJ, Aug 16, 2016.

1. RiderJ

RiderJ New Member

My cousins are coming to visit me in Mumbai, and they are pure vegetarians, whereas I am a nonveg so don't really put any efforts in finding vegetarian food.

This will be the first time they are visiting me, and I want to make sure they have a good time, one of the things concerning me is finding good vegetarian places to eat at.

So this is a shout-out to all the vegetarians give me a list of all the best veg restaurants in Mumbai.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello there! Welcome to the forum!

Here's a list of the best vegetarian restaurants in Mumbai:

1. Quesso Ristorante - They have Continental, Mexican, Mediterranean and Italian cuisines. Their menu is very vegetarian friendly too. It's a very casual dining restaurant which is perfect for friends and families. The ambience is a bit laid-back and relaxed as well. They are mostly well-known for their desserts but they do have some other dishes that stand out. Do try out their stir-fried veggies and cheese garlic bread, both are best-sellers of the restaurant.
    • Address: 93-96, Link Plaza Commercial Premises, Above Shreejee Veg Wonder, Link Road Extension, Oshiwara, Andheri West.
    • Dishes to Try: Stir-fried veggies, cheese garlic bread, death by chocolate and chocolate in a cage.

2. Spesso Gourmet Kitchen - They have European, Mexican and Italian cuisines. This is also a very laid-back restaurant for just hanging out and eating. Ambience-wise, it is very simple and doesn't have much to offer. However, it makes up for it through the food they serve. They are also well-known for their Freak Shake which has gained much attention in social media.
    • Address: Ground Floor, Regent Chambers, Jamnalal Bajaj Road, Nariman Point, Mumbai.
    • Dishes to Try: Grilled cheese peri peri, hummus with grilled pita bread and penne with pink sauce.

3. Ovenfresh - They have Italian, Mexican and Mediterranean cuisines. Their menu is vegetarian only. Aside from the vegetarian dishes, they have an assortment of pastries, breads and desserts too.
    • Address: Kiran Building, Ranade Road, Dadar Shivaji Park, Mumbai.
    • Dishes to Try: Cottage cheese shashlik sizzle, nachos and vegetable enchiladas.

4. Relish - They have North Indian, Lebanese, Italian and Tex-Mex cuisines. This restaurant is particularly known for their cheese dishes so if your cousins love cheese, it's the place to be. Aside from serving only vegetarian meals, they also serve Jain dishes.
    • Address: Prem Court, J Tata Road, Churchgate, Mumbai.
    • Dishes to Try: Cheese fondue, fried onion rings and sizzling brownie.

5. Ghaas Phoos - They have North Indian, Mexican, Italian and Continental cuisines. The cozy interiors of the restaurant makes you feel right at home. With its mismatched chairs, staircase, balcony, trinkets and paintings, it all adds to the feeling that you're just at someone else's house. The restaurant also has an open kitchen allowing you to see the chefs in action. They are best known for incorporating vegetarian dishes into different cuisines, quite boldly and adventurously.
    • Address: Unit No. 6, 2nd Floor, Korum Mall, Mangal Pandey Road, Near Cadbury Compound, Khopat, Thane Westi.
    • Dishes to Try: Cheese and salsa panipuri, veg seekh kebab masala and crispy veg karavali.

6. Swati Snacks - They have Gujarati cuisine and also street foods. This is a casual dining outlet and they're well-known for their pankis. It's generally a small restaurant though and it can get crowded during certain times of the day so plan ahead.
    • Address: 248, Karai Estate, Opposite Bhatia Hospital, Tardeo Road, Tardeo, Mumbai.
    • Dishes to Try: Dal dhokli, panki, dahi batata and malai malpuda.

7. Crystal - This serves North Indian cuisine. It's a basic restaurant though and they don't even have a washroom. However, meals here are very affordable and tasty. So when low in cash, it's a great restaurant to eat out in as it won't break the bank. What makes this restaurant stand out is that they serve home-cooked vegetarian dishes which customers have raved about over and over again.
    • Address: 19, Easter Emporium, Near Wilson College, Chowpatty, Mumbai.
    • Dishes to Try: Aloo paratha, paneer bhaji and butter roti.

8. Shree Thaker Bhojanalay - This restaurant serves Gujarati cuisine. This is probably one of the most famous vegetarian restaurants in the Mumbai. Even celebrities go here to taste their thali. However, since they're well-known, you need to arrive earlier in order to get a seat and find a parking area. Waiting time is a bit longer than usual as they cater to many customers.
    • Address: 31, Dadisheth Agyari Lane, Off Kalbadevi Road, Kalbadevi, Mumbai.
    • Dish to Try: Thali.

I hope this helps!:)