1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boat Trip From Alapuzha To Kollam

Discussion in 'Kerala' started by HimeshArcharya, Aug 7, 2015.

1. HimeshArcharya

HimeshArcharya New Member

We have booked flights to go to Kerala, and are yet to to prepare the itinerary. Something on my mind is the boat trip which goes from Alapuzha to Kollam. I would like more information on this boat trip so please can forum members some of the queries which I have regarding the boat trip. Thanks

What do we get to see on the boat trip from Alapuzha to Kollam?

How much does the boat ride cost?

How long is the boat ride?

2. Deven

Deven Member

The boat trip from Alapuzha to Kollam covers a lot of villages in the area, along with canals and backwaters, the actual view while of the boat gives you a glimpse of what Kerala is like and how people live near the water banks.

Cost of the boat ride is around Rs400.

The whole boat journey from Alapuzha to Kollam lasts for eight hours.

3. HimeshArcharya

HimeshArcharya New Member

Thanks for this information Deven.
    Can you also tell me if the boat ride has any stop overs, because it is a long journey?

4. travelguide

travelguide Active Member

When I traveled there were two stops in between for lunch and tea break of around 30 minutes each at 1300 hrs and 1600 hrs respectively. It started at 1030 hrs and reached Kollam at 1830 hrs. It will be a feast to your eyes and you will definitely enjoy the ride watching Chinese fishing nets, green paddy fields and lot more. All the best to you.