1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delhi Airport Taxi Stand Costs

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Bahadur, May 12, 2015.

1. Bahadur

Bahadur New Member

I will be arriving at Delhi airport on Sunday evening, and need to get a taxi from the airport to Lajpat Nagar. I thought it would be an easy option to get a taxi from the stand which is located at the airport, but I need to know what the costs would be like, and whether a radio taxi would be a better option or a airport taxi?

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

If you are concerned about costs then get a slip from Delhi police operated pre paid taxi booth. There is one at both international and domestic terminal. Radio taxi will cost you more then the yellow and black taxi.

3. Jassi

Jassi New Member

Prices for taxi's at the airport are reasonable especially compared to the radio cabs, and also they are safer to travel in.
    From personal experience radio taxis are not even trust worthy, if you call up they either don't turn up and if they do they are late.

4. ChaiNashta

ChaiNashta Active Member

Prepaid yellow and black cabs are the cheapest. Delhi police operated counter is the best way to do it. Both in respect of safety and price.

5. KK

KK Member

I don't know about cost wise (I think it is cheaper than the radio cabs), but the with airport cabs you wont get ripped off as they have a standard cost, and you also get a receipt.

6. susieqanderson1

susieqanderson1 New Member

What should I budget for two weeks of travel in India for public transportation such as taxis?

7. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

If you hire taxis point to point and call radio cabs every day then it really depends upon which company you call and where you hire your taxi from.

If you have the money then hire a taxi for the whole two weeks and it wont be more then I believe Rs30000 including the fuel and driver. That would work out around $450 all in. This is for a mid sized car but if you want a bigger car then it would cost a little more. My calculation may be a little off but it cannot be too far from reality :) It is in that range.

If you dont want a taxi for the whole duration to stay with you then you could use radio taxis within the cities which cost between Rs15-20 per KM.

8. Alexandoy

Alexandoy Member

Generally, airport taxis are expensive that's why on our second trip to a particular place, we do not avail the hotel transport anymore if the railway system is good or if the public buses can bring us to our destination. Last April in Kuala Lumpur, we arrived at night and were on our own. Fortunately the train was easy to find and the 30-minute travel was not boring. That saved us a lot of money from getting a taxi or hiring a car.

9. susieqanderson1

susieqanderson1 New Member

Great info! Thanks for that!!! However, I do have a maybe a dumb question....what is a radio taxi vs. a regular taxi?

Thanks again!

ChaiNashta likes this.
  10. ChaiNashta

ChaiNashta Active Member

I am not sure why they call them radio taxis but you cannot just stop one of those and get in, you have to call up the company or use their mobile application to call a taxi. These taxis only charge you from the point they pick you up to the point they drop you off at. Uber cabs which you must be familiar with is also called radio taxi here and I have no idea why :)