1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delhi Airport Terminal T1D to Delhi Cantt Station

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Aditya Singhal, Nov 28, 2016.

?

Should I opt for this Excellent train?

1. Yes, train is catchable

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. No, you should not take a chance

2 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Aditya Singhal

Aditya Singhal New Member

I have flight arrival time of 07:10 pm at Teminal T1D. Can I book onward journey train from Delhi Cantt railway station with departure 08:00 pm. The train is very important because next train does not reach my hometown. Total time is 50 mins and I can carry cabin-only baggage.

2. Jessica_91

Jessica_91 Member

With a 7:10 arrival time you will probably be out of the airport within 20-30 mins if you have no checked luggage and that leaves you less than 30 mins to catch your train. Domestic terminal to Cantonment railway station is not a long way but between 7 and 8pm there will be lots of traffic and I would be very surprised if you make it in time.

My advise to you would be to look for other options and not book this train as connecting times are too tight.

3. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

Roads around that time will be chock-a-block and there is no way you would be able to catch this train. I live near the cantt railway station and I can assure you that you will be stuck in traffic jams at that time of the day as I see it every day.

4. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

Even without check in baggage you wont be able to come out of the airport before 7:40 in my experience and there is no way you can get to cantt railway station within 15 mins.

5. Aditya Singhal

Thank you so much for your advices.

DhongiBaba and Jessica_91 like this.
  6. Aditya Singhal

Hello all of you. I found this great website to track history of the flight.
    IndiGo (6E) #963 ✈ FlightAware
    As you can see the flight is never late and sometimes it is half an hour early. Can you derive a cut-off time for me to make it.

7. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

T1 to Cantt railway station is little over 7 kms and right now it is 18:21 and traffic actually goes up after 7 but even right now Google maps say it will take 28 mins. Check out those red patches on that route, that red patch will increase in length in half an hour which is the time you will be traveling.

If your flight lands on time you would still miss your train. If I was you I won't risk it hoping flight will land early. If you believe it will land half an hour early then you do stand a chance.

8. Jessica_91

Jessica_91 Member

You also need to account for time to get your taxi which is another 5-10 mins at the very least.

9. Aditya Singhal

Can you please suggest me best taxi service to be used there.

10. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

I have use OLA and Uber and they are both good. At the airport terminal there is a prepaid booth run by Delhi police and it will be much quicker than calling a cab using an app.