1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Domestic airport to New Delhi railway station

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by goldencharles, Mar 12, 2015.

1. goldencharles

goldencharles New Member

I am reaching New Delhi from Varanasi in the morning and have to catch train from New Delhi railway station on the same day.
    How long would it take from domestic airport to New Delhi railway station?
    What is the best mode of transport, bus or Auto-rickshaw? I know there is a pre-paid taxi stand at the domestic airport, but it's too expensive, so is there any pre-paid auto rickshaw stand too?
    I have seen pre-paid auto-rickshaw stand at Agra railway station but I haven't seen one at any airport so far.

Any info on the topic would be appreciated.

2. panchabhut

panchabhut New Member

best option is to travel via the Airport Metro. It will take you straight to New Delhi Station.

3. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

For metro you would have to go to T3 which is going to cost you atleast Rs100 as domestic airport is a few kilometers away from T3.

I think taking a bus would be the cheapest way to get to the station.

4. panchabhut

panchabhut New Member

Varanasi to Delhi Air India, Jet, Indigo and Spicejet operates. Air India and Jet come at T-3. For Indigo and Spicejet, from T-1D to Aerocity Metro station bus service is operated by the Metro with tickets of Rs.30 per person. I regularly have to go on official work to New Delhi and travel from CP to Airport by that route.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2015
    Admin likes this.