1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Must try restaurants in Surat

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by Londoner, Dec 28, 2017.

1. Londoner

Londoner New Member

I'll be spending a month in Surat, any recommendation for must try restaurants in and around Surat?

Also, anyone from Surat who may want to meet up over coffee?

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

I have only passed through Surat once back in 2008 while on my way from Delhi to Mumbai by road and I remember having excellent vada pao at Surat. We stayed overnight both ways and explored a bit of street food and it was pretty good. I didint go to any restaurant so cannot comment on that.

3. Shiv

Shiv Member

Surat has a lot of options for food and they have a number of great restaurants. The list below is of some of the best restaurants in Surat and is not in any particular order.

Sasumaa Gujrati Thali - You can get an authentic Gujarati thali here, for the authentic taste of Gujarat. Cost of a thali is around Rs280.

Kansar Gujarati Thali - This is another top-rated place for Gujarati thali. The only difference is that for the same price the thali at Kansar is unlimited. When visiting Kansar is best to avoid the rush hours which is between 12pm - 2pm.

Leonardo Italian Mediterranean Dining - This is a must visit place if you want to try some Italian cuisine. Its a bit on the costly side but well worth it. Cost is around Rs1400 for two.

Gopal Locho Khaman House - When in Surat going to Goap Locho Khaman House is a must, as they serve the best locho here. It's a cheap place and something which you can have for either breakfast or a mid-meal snack.

Jalaram Khichadi - A known restaurant which serves Gujarati food and the khichdi served there is a must try.

4. Londoner

Londoner New Member

Shiv, thank you. I will try each one when there..