1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting a Taxi at Pune Airport

Discussion in 'Maharashtra' started by ShamikDubey, Jul 9, 2015.

1. ShamikDubey

ShamikDubey New Member

My flight will be landing at Pune airport at 11pm and I need to get a taxi to my hotel from there. Does Pune airport have a prepaid taxi service which I can book from the airport itself or should I prebook a radio cab like Meru cabs?

2. Deven

Deven Member

Pune airport has a prepaid taxi booth which is just outside the airport, you will get a valid receipt for your booking and the prices are fixed and also reliable. Radio cabs are not so reliable.

3. Shaila

Shaila New Member

Radio taxi cabs also have their own stand at some airports as well, so if you do make a booking they would be already be at the airport. Confirm both costs and then go for the best deal if you want the best budget.

4. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Yes, there is a prepaid taxi booth or counter in Pune Airport. You'd find it just before you exit the airport. Aside from that, there's also regular metered taxis outside the airport. The best option would be the prepaid taxis as the rate would be fixed and you won't need to argue with the driver about it. You just pay the fare right in the airport booth, get your ticket and ride the cab. You only need to keep your ticket so you can show it to the driver or the security guard who will assist you.

But if you'd like to ride a radio cab, that will do as well. Some of your options are:
    • OLA Cabs. This is probably one of the most reliable and known radio cab type in Pune. Their base charge is Rs. 45 and their per km charge is Rs. 6. You can download their app so you can call them right when you land on the airport. Their contact number is: 080 67350900.
    • KK Travels. They have two options for you: Shared Cabs for practicality and Charter Cabs for quicker travel time. From Pune Airport to Mumbai Airport, their rate is at Rs. 2,750 for an Etios. Their contact number is: +91 2066097979.
    • Uber Cabs. They also have different options for you. For an UberGo vehicle, it's at Rs. 1,115 to Rs. 1,448. For an UberX vehicle, it's at Rs. 1,528 to Rs. 1,998. And for an UberSUV, it's at Rs. 2,594 to Rs. 3,396. Their contact number is: 1-866-576-1039.
    • Wings. Their flag down rate is Rs. 49 and per km rate is Rs. 16. They even have a car pool service for practicality and convince. Their contact number is: +91 9970098282.
    All of these radio cabs are connected with Pune Airport. I hope this helps!

5. gamer2x

gamer2x New Member

You can opt for the prepaid taxi, which would ensure that you are not overcharged though you need not make modifications once you are in the cab and on the go.

If you are looking for a bit more flexible options, you would actually be looking at the option of ola or uber, both of which have counters at the airport or you can book through the mobile application as well and they would show you the approximate fare as well, as long as you are putting in the destination address in the application.