1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How Much Does a Bicycle Cost in India

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by rids55, Jun 3, 2016.

1. rids55

rids55 New Member

My stay in Leh will be for around one and half months, which will mainly involve me cycling and trekking. At the moment, I am trying to work things out regarding costs for staying and renting products and one thing I need some help with is finding out the price for a bicycle in India.

Rather than renting I think I would prefer renting a bike that's if it doesn't work out to be too expensive.

I would like the cost for a basic bicycle and a basic gear bicycle.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello there, welcome to the forum!

There are plenty of bicycle brands in India with the top-rated ones as Hero and Hercules. If you go for these brands, their prices are a little bit on the higher side for the basic bicycles. Avon and Atlas have quite affordable basic bicycles. To give you a brief overview of their prices, I would be providing a table with the different prices of both the basic bicycles and the basic gear bicycles for the different brands of bicycles in India.

Different Bicycle Brands in India (with Prices)

BrandBasic Bicycle (Specific Type)Gear Bicycle (Specific Type)
    HeroRs. 4,455 (Hero Street Racer 26T Single Speed Mountain Bike)Rs. 5,900 (Hero Ranger 6 Speed Mountain Bike)
    HerculesRs. 3,800 (Mountain Bike Turbo Drive)Rs. 7,600 (Turbo Drive Atom 18 Speed Bicycle)
    AtlasRs. 3,662 (Roadsters Speedster Bicycle)Rs. 7,000 (24 T Weapon D Shox 18 Speed Bicycle)
    AvonRs. 3,470 (Avon Kranti)Rs. 10,800 (Monty Hi-Power)
    BtwinRs. 6,500 (My Bike Mountain Bike)Rs. 12,990 (Rockrider 300 21 Speed Bicycle)
    Hi-BirdRs. 4,323 (Velorean Single Speed Bicycle)Rs. 6,776 (NSB 21 Speed Bicycle)
    As you can see, the average price for a basic bicycle is around Rs. 3,500 to Rs. 6,500. The cheapest option would be the Avon Kranti, which costs Rs. 3,470. The Avon Kranti is a basic bicycle with a scooter-type saddle. It has roller brakes and a side-pull system too. Another good option is the Atlas Roadsters Speedster Bicycle, which costs Rs. 3,662. It has an adjustable seat and mudguards as well. It is mainly a city bike though and not that suitable for rough terrains or sloping paths.

[​IMG]
    Avon Kranti

When it comes to gear bicycles, your cheapest option would the Hero Ranger 6 Speed Mountain Bike, which costs Rs. 5,900. This mountain bike is perfect for traversing through rocky and muddy terrains. It has six gears and a mudguard as well to protect you from the small rocks and mud plunging through the tires. Another good option is the Hi-Bird NSB 21 Speed Bicycle. For just Rs. 6,776, you get a 21-geared bicycle which can traverse the rugged terrains of Leh.

I hope this helps you!

P.S.

You can also opt for a secondhand bike, prices can go as low as Rs. 500 and as high as Rs. 1,000 for a good brand. But you should check thoroughly for any damages to the bicycle. Good luck!