1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How much does a Computer Cost in India?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by Harvey, May 20, 2016.

1. Harvey

Harvey New Member

I have a stay in India for four months, and I need to use a computer for work purposes. I do have a laptop, but it has to be used back home, so I am unable to bring that. I have heard of things being cheap in India, so hoping that I can get a good but cheap computer there. I need to know how much does a computer cost in India with the following specifications:

- 14 - 21-inch screen
    - 8GB RAM
    - i5 processer

Is is also possible to order computers online in India?

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

A desktop computer or a laptop will cost you a lot more in India as compared to Germany. You can check the prices on Amazon India and compare it with the prices back home and see what suits you.

I recently bought a laptop from UK as it was costlier in Delhi by about 35%.

3. Sharath S

Sharath S Member

I think nowadays Computers and Laptops are getting cheap. I don't know how much A Laptop with that specification would cost you in Germany. But it would cost you around Rs. 36000 to Rs. 41000 depending on the prices. You should easily get a Good Lenovo Laptop with the above-mentioned Specifications for around Rs.38000 including Taxes which equates to around $578 (US). We have a lot of Online stores like Flipkart, eBay and Amazon. Better Stick with Amazon as they have quicker delivery than the rest. Getting a Macbook wouldn't be a good idea as they are relatively expensive here in India. Good Luck.