1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Reach Somnath Temple From Dwarka

Discussion in 'Gujarat' started by Gulati.J, Feb 18, 2018.

1. Gulati.J

Gulati.J New Member

My husband and I are going to Dwarka in Gujarat, we will be visiting tourist places there as well as going to religious places.
    We are now considering going to the Somnath Temple, as it is in the same state and we would not get another chance to visit again.

We would like to know how to reach Somnath Temple from Dwarka?

Which would be the best and most convenient way of reaching Somnath Temple from Dwarka?

2. Karan

Karan Member

The best way to travel from Dwarka to Somnath Temple is either by bus or car, which would take you between 4-5 hours to reach. You also have an option of traveling by train but that would take you longer between 8-10 hours, as there is no direct train route from Dwarka to Somnath.

dwarka to somnath temple.jpg

The distance from Dwarka to Somnath Temple is around 234km, and like mentioned above the road journey would be between 4-5 hours.

If you prefer traveling by car you can hire a taxi, the cost of a taxi would be between Rs10 - Rs25 per km, the cost may differ depending on what car you choose.

Getting a bus from Dwarka to Somnath Temple would work out slightly cheaper. There are direct buses which go from Dwarka and these are private tourist buses and Volvo buses.

In my personal opinion, I think getting a taxi would be the best way of traveling from Dwarka to Somnath Temple, as it would be more comfortable and you can stop where ever you wish. The scenery on the highway from Dwarka to Somnath is amazing as it is just by the sea and you may want to stop and take a good glimpse of the surroundings.