1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nasik To Trimbakeshwar Distance By Road

Discussion in 'Maharashtra' started by Mridhul, Apr 10, 2016.

1. Mridhul

Mridhul New Member

Hey, guys, I am planning to go to the Trimbakeshwar Mandir in Trimbakeshwar but would prefer to stay in Nasik, due to the facilities and good hotels available there.

I would like to be at the mandir for the morning prayers which means I would have to leave Nasik quite early. To plan the trip, so I reach for the morning prayers, I need to know the Nasik to Trimbakeshwar distance by road. As I will be traveling by taxi I would need to pre-book it, so knowing the timings is a must.

I would like to know of any good places to eat in Trimbakeshwar. I know it is a small town, but I am sure there must be some popular food outlets there as well.

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

Distance between Nashik and Trimbak is about 30Km and it would take less than 30 mins to get to the temple give or take 5 mins depending upon where you start from in Nashik. I stayed at Ginger hotel and it is on the road that goes straight to Trimbakeshwar temple so it took me about 20 mins in a car. There is hardly any traffic on Nashik to Trimbakeshwar road so don't have to worry about traffic jams and early morning taxis are able to go near the temple gate so won't have to walk a long distance either.

I did not venture out much but there were plenty of restaurants at Nashik. I mostly had my food at Ginger hotel's restaurant where food was pretty good.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

The Trimbakeshwar Mandir is also known by the name Tryambakeshwar Temple. It is part of the 12 temples in the Jyotirlinga Pilgrimage, which every Hindu must do to attain Moksha. You can find the temple in the town of Trimbak which is in the Nasik District of Maharashtra. It is at the foot of the Brahmagiri Hills.

The Trimbakeshwar Mandir has a Nagara style of architecture. It was made using black stones which gives it its unique dark colour. Its Mandap has four entrances which have pillars that are beautifully sculpted. It was built by Nana Saheb Peshwa in the 18th Century. The Kushavarta Pond here is believed to be the source of the River Godavari.

The distance between Nasik and Trimbakeshwar is about 29.5 kms via National Highway 848. It can take anywhere between 37 minutes to 45 minutes to reach the latter via car or a hired cab.

The Tryambakeshwar Temple opens at 5:30 am and closes at 9:00 pm. For the Darshans and Poojas, here are their timings:
    • Mangal Aarti is at 5:30 am to 6:00 am.
    • Special Poojas are at 7:00 to 9:00 am.
    • Madhyana Pooja is at 1:00 pm.
    • Sandhya Pooja is at 7:00 to 9:00 pm.
    Here's a few, there's not many restaurants in the area:
    • SAI Chaya Restaurant. Located in: Nashik Trimbakeshwar Road, Trimbakeshwar, Nashik - 422212. They have Punjabi, South Indian and Gujarati cuisines. They have all vegetarian meals though.
    • Vithal Kamats Restaurant. Located in: Trimbakeshwar, Nashik - 422212, Patil Chowk. They have a variety of cuisines: North Indian, South Indian and Punjabi. They also have a buffet option if you'd like that. They have pure vegetarian meals as well.
    I hope this helps!

Chahal likes this.