1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

National Museum In New Delhi

Discussion in 'North India' started by Sammie, Jan 2, 2016.

1. Sammie

Sammie Member

Has anyone been to the National Museum in New Delhi? Someone told me it was like walking into a history lesson with treasures galore to see from different times. I love history and seeing what people had years ago. Is this a must see on a journey through Northern India?

2. amelia88

amelia88 Active Member

This museum is actually on my "to-see" list in Delhi. I have always just been interested in art and culture so museums are always pretty high on my list, and apparently this one has quite a bit of Indian art, pottery and so forth. I don't know anyone that has been there personally to vouch for it, but when I've been looking online into things to do in India this was recommended.

3. paudu

paudu Member

I was wondering about this too. The very short review I read said that this museum was a nice capsule of 5000 years of Indian history. It might be a good place to start my trip - sort of an "Intro to India" in an afternoon.

4. Travguy

Travguy Member

It is a place that you must visit. After all history in this country is rich and has many interesting phases that extends back to several centuries. If you're interested in culture you will love the museum as there are so many different aspects of culture that are displayed at the museum.

5. Theodore Rainford

Theodore Rainford New Member

This is a must visit center for anyone visiting New Dehli. The museum contains two million or more objects of interest representing both Indian and foreign art form and history.
    representing a period of more than five thousand years of Indian culture.This visit would be very inspiring, the amount of and the diversity of the objects on display would surely command your interest.