1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nearest Railway Station to Coorg

Discussion in 'Karnataka' started by Manni, Jun 30, 2016.

1. Manni

Manni New Member

I am considering visiting Coorg and my mode of transport would be by train. To see the trains which operate from where I live, I need to know which is the nearest railway station to Coorg.

If there are more than one train stations in Coorg, please mention those as well, and also suggest which would be the best station to arrive at.

2. Debapriya Deb

Debapriya Deb Active Member

Coorg does not have railway tracks and Mysore is the nearest railway station. Coorg is around 115 KM away from Mysore railway station. Mysore is a big junction which is well-connected to the rest of the country.

You can either hire a private taxi or take a bus from Mysore Sub-urban Bus Stand to arrive in Coorg. KSRTC buses are available from Mysore to Coorg at regular intervals. Opting for taxi would cost you around INR 1500, while the ordinary bus fare is around INR 150. There are KSRTC Volvo buses as well from Mysore to Coorg. The fare would be around INR 300. That's the best option if you are coming from the Northern or the Eastern parts of India.

For those who are coming from the Western end of the country, Kasaragod in Kerala can be an alternative railway station. Kasaragod Railway Station (KGQ) is situated on the Mumbai-Goa-Mangalore-Trivandrum main line. There are several trains from Mumbai and Goa that have scheduled stops at Kasaragod. From here, Coorg is 120 KM away. You can get direct buses, but the frequency will be on the lower side. A better option would be to hire a taxi. It would cost you around INR 1500-2000 for one way journey.

Regards,
    Deb