1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Nepal Temples

Discussion in 'Nepal' started by JoJo, Feb 13, 2016.

1. JoJo

JoJo New Member

I know this sounds crazy but ever since I saw the movie "The Golden Child" I have wanted to see that temple in Nepal. Does anyone know which one it was and how to get there?

2. Vinaya

Vinaya Member

I have articles on HuPages that lists all the major Hindu and Buddhist temples in Nepal. However, I am not sure if I am allowed to share my links here. Some of the major temples in Nepal are in Kathmandu, the capital city of Nepal. Some of the important temples in Nepal are Pashupatinath, Swambhunath, Baudhanath, Changunarayana, etc. The oldest historical temple in Nepal is Changunarayana, it is dated 5th century AD.

3. JoJo

JoJo New Member

Thanks Vinaya. I wouldn't begin to know which temple was used in the movie or it may have been a movie set. However, after researching these temples I would definitely like to see some of them. They are beautiful!!

4. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

I love the Golden Child. And, I agree, that was one of my first introductions to their temples. They really are something different. I plan to visit Nepal on my next trip to India, and have looked for such sites to visit. I have heard that a lot of them suffered damage from the earthquake, and that most of the smaller shrines have been ruined. Can anyone confirm that?

5. melanie

melanie New Member

Hey Vinaya! I'm on HubPages too (I'm Melbel over there!) The temples you mention sound beautiful! I'll have to check out some pictures of them. I've seen photos of temples in Bhutan, but I bet some of the ones in Nepal are just gorgeous!