1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Palace on wheels

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by perryp, Dec 27, 2014.

1. perryp

perryp New Member

Has anyone travelled in Palace on wheels here? I am thinking of it during my next visit to India and I got to know that I need to book it in advance. If you have already the been to the Palace on Wheels then can you please suggest me what is the dress code for dinners and how nicely do I need to dress otherwise? I personally prefer shorts and t-shirt for train journey, but can consider wearing a suit if it demands. Also, how much pocket money do I need?

2. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

Just dress so you don't feel stupid and out of place that's all really. The dress code is to not look stupid or the odd one out that's all. I have seen tourists wearing all kinds of stuff. In India it is not really possible to have a dress code officially because there is no way any establishment can refuse some one wearing a Dhoti Kurta with a gamcha on his shoulder saying you haven't got a suit on as that will most likely be the end of that establishment thanks to the strong rural lobby in the power centers across India.

I am not 100% sure about this train though but it would be mentioned on the paper work when you book it.

3. Rudra

Rudra New Member

Going on the Palace of Wheels would be one of the best experiences, but it is so costly. Any idea to why the costs are so high?

4. Prits

Prits Member

Just out of curiosity do you have some idea of the cost of the tickets for Palace on Wheels, it is just that you wee asking about pocket money so made me wonder!
    You should book the tickets in advance and 25% payment is made in advance and the rest of the payment has to be made 61 days before the journey.