1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Palolem beach resort Canacona Goa

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by MrBond, Aug 16, 2016.

1. MrBond

MrBond New Member

I would like to know about a resort which is in Goa it is by the name of Palolem beach resort which is in Canacona.
    The resort is right on the beach, and I thing which concerns is me that is it a safe and noise-free place? During the day it is fine, but I don't want to be disturbed during the night by people on the beach, as I see the resort eating area is open, so does that mean anyone can come and sit there to eat?

I am also someone who likes keeping fit, so it is vital there is a gym at the resort, but I need confirmation for this before I proceed with the bookings.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hi there! Welcome to the forum!

Palolem Beach Resort, located in Canacona, is probably one of the oldest resorts in the area. The Palolem Beach is a mere two minute walk from the resort. They also have two entrances: one for the beach and the other for the market. As it is conveniently located, many tourists and travellers choose this resort for their stay in Canacona. Their rates are very affordable as well and you have a variety of accommodations to choose from:
    • Nine AC Seaview Cottages
    • Fourteen AC Garden View Cottages
    • Twelve AC and Non-AC Concrete Rooms
    • One Family Room
    Yes, the resort is right on the beach but the rooms and cottages aren't very close to it. You'd have to cross the garden and restaurant before you can reach the beach and it can take you two minutes to do this. The good thing about this is that even if there are noisy guests on the beach, you won't be affected by it through your room or cottage. It's also in a relatively safe area.

They do have an open restaurant where outside guests can eat in. It is open between 8:00 am to 11:00 pm. Their restaurant is mostly located near the beach. It's not that close to the rooms and cottages so you won't be bothered much by the noises of the customers or the music from it. And since it doesn't operate 24 hours, that's another assurance for you.

Unfortunately, the resort doesn't have a gym or a fitness centre. You can opt for renting a bicycle from the resort as that's a good cardio workout. They also have boating facilities which can also be a good workout. Or you can just do some jogging early in the morning as well.

There's also a gym in Canacona called Power Max Gym. It's about 1 km away from the Palolem Beach, near its Southern end. It's a very basic gym though with some weights and equipments. There's an entry fee of Rs. 50 per session as well.

I hope this helps.

:)