1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Porter Service at Delhi Airport

Discussion in 'North India' started by Kelly, May 31, 2016.

1. Kelly

Kelly New Member

I will be flying from Texas to New Delhi Airport, and I will have quite a bit of luggage with me, not quite fit for one trolly. Due to being an on overload on luggage I will need some help, and I was wondering whether there is any porter servicer at Delhi Aiport?

How much should I tip the porter?

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Yes, there is a porter service in the New Delhi Airport. It's specifically called a "Meet and Assist" Service. You can either prebook it or ask for assistance on the spot. The passenger will be met by the person at the aerobridge as soon as he or she exits the plane. The said person can then help him or her with customs, immigration and baggages.

I don't know how much you can tip the "Meet and Assist" person. But you have to pay a fixed amount as well once you hire him or her. In the New Delhi Airport, it can cost as much as Rs 2,500.

If it's just a porter that you're going to hire to assist with the baggage, then the fee would only be Rs 50. That is excluding help with customs or immigration.

I hope this helps!