1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ranakpur Temple Dharamshala

Discussion in 'Himachal Pradesh' started by Karthik, Mar 31, 2016.

1. Karthik

Karthik New Member

My family and I will be in North India and in particular in Mount Abu, I have been researching about the places nearby and have come across the Jain temple in Ranakpur, which is a must see. I decided why not see it having come so far to Rajasthan. As the journey would take near 4-5 hours the best thing which I always decide is staying overnight at the destination. Now most temples have dharamshala's, so I was wondering whether there is a Ranakpur temple dharamshala?
    Dharamshala's are always close by to the temple, so it would be convenient and we would be able to see any prayers which are being performed, also exploring the temple would take time so it would be good to be somewhere close.

The only thing I would like to get cleared is that are non-Jains allowed in dharamshala's or even in the temple itself. These two points are very important to be answered as from this I would be able to decide whether or not we should make the trip to the Jain temple in Ranakpur.

If there is no dharamshala then are there any hotels near or around the temple?

2. Deven

Deven Member

Non-Jains are allowed inside the temple but only from 12 pm until 5 pm and with the Dharamshala's you can stay there without having to think about any particular timings.

There are three Dharamshalas in Ranakpur where you can stay, and if you prefer a hotel, there are hotel options as well.

Something to take note of is that you are not allowed to take anything made of leather inside the temple.
    The temple also offers lunch at 1 pm which consists of vegetable, dal, papad rice and chapatti for a cost of Rs50.

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hi! The Ranakpur Temple opens for visitors from noon until 5 PM. The morning is reserved for prayers only. Non-Jains can enter the temple during this time only. There are some Dharamshalas near the temple as well as hotels. Here's a few Dharamshalas you can take into consideration:
    • Lodha Dharamshala
    • Panch Mandiri Sindhi Dharamshala
    • Jangid Dharamshala
    • Vaishnav Dharamshala
    • Rajasthan Ghanchi Samaj Dharamshala
    And here are some hotels around the temple:
    • Hotel Maharani Bagh
    • Shivika Lake Hotel
    • Mana Hotels
    I hope this helps you! Enjoy your trip!