1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Vaishno Devi visit in August

Discussion in 'North India' started by Shama, May 30, 2016.

1. Shama

Shama New Member

I am visiting India, and my main reason for visiting is to go to Vaishno Devi. My visit will be at the end of July and my visit to the Vaishno Devi will be in August.

I would like to know if it is suitable to go Vaishno Devi in the month of August?

What will be the weather be like at Vaishno Devi in August?

How long will the climb to the mandir take?

Please give any other advice, as this will be my first trip to Vaishno Devi.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hi! I'll try my best to answer your questions:

I would like to know if it is suitable to go Vaishno Devi in the month of August?
    • It is from May to June, March to April, September to October and the New Year that tourists flock in Vaishno Devi. It is mostly during May to June that tourists flock though, the peak season. So August is a great time to visit, as not a lot of visitors go during that time.
    What will be the weather be like at Vaishno Devi in August?

• During August, Vaishno Devi has a minimum temperature of 13°C and a maximum temperature of 30°C. As far as I know, it is during July to early September that monsoon season comes in the place and it's not advisable to go during that time. August is good enough since it's after monsoon season and the roads aren't that slippery.
    How long will the climb to the mandir take?
    • It depends on your strength and endurance but it usually takes anywhere between three to six hours.
    Please give any other advice, as this will be my first trip to Vaishno Devi.

• Obtain your Yatra Parchi online for ease and convenience. Although you can also buy from the site or camp itself but that can be a hassle.
    • Book an accommodation nearby so you can rest before and after the trek.
    • Prepaid cellphones won't work in the trek, it's best to bring a postpaid one.
    • You can opt for a helicopter if you don't like to climb by yourself.
    • You have to leave your belongings in lockers once you reach Main Bhawan.
    I hope this helps! Enjoy your trip!

Chahal likes this.

3. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

3-6 hours is quite not possible...if you are with family then probably 1-night stay at "Ardhkuari" and the next morning to "BHAWAN" keep at least 2 days for up and down...

4. Deven

Deven Member

Make sure you take along with you some comfortable walking footwear, as if you are walking to the mandir, foot comfort is most important.

There are other means of reaching the mandir which is by pony or palanquins (palki).
    There is also a battery operated car available from Adhkuwari to the mandir, which is mainly for those who are unable to walk or the elderly.