1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Watersports In Goa In June

Discussion in 'Goa' started by Rakhi, Apr 28, 2016.

1. Rakhi

Rakhi New Member

I am in the procedure of putting together a plan for a holiday to Goa in June with my friends. It is a trip that we have been waiting for since a long time, and finally, we are all able to take time off.
    We are a group of friends who are quite adventurous and are keen in water sports, which is why Goa has been chosen as a holiday destination as well as for other reasons.

I would like to know what all watersports are available in Goa, so we have an idea of what all is there and make bookings with the hotel according to the days required for watersports as well other plans we have.

2. Prits

Prits Member

Unfortunately, the time of the year you have chosen for water sports is wrong. Water sports during June are banned due to the monsoon season and the sea conditions being very rough. You would not be able to conduct any water activities during June.
    If it is water sports you are going for then, I would suggest you go before or after the monsoon season.

I will, however, provide a list of the water sports you can do, so it can be helpful for you.

Kneeboarding
    Kayaking
    Wakeboarding
    Paddleboarding
    Windsurfing
    Water skiing

3. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello, @Rakhi! Welcome to the forum!

There are many water sports activities in Goa, that's for sure. Unfortunately, these water sports aren't open during monsoon season and June is considered as monsoon season especially from second week onwards. If you can schedule your trip earlier, then you have a higher chance of doing water sports. In the first week of June, I think some activities are still open, depending on the weather itself.

Just for reference, I'll put in a list of all the water sports available in Goa from October until May or even until first week of June. If you can schedule your trip in the end of May or at the most, first week of June, then you might have a chance of doing these water sports. Here they are:

• Surfing
    • Speed Boat Ride
    • Kite Surfing
    • Aqua Zorbing
    • Yacht or Cruise
    • Snorkelling
    • Scuba Diving
    • Underwater Sea Walking
    • White River Rafting
    • Dolphin Trip
    • Jet Skiing
    • Water Skiing
    • Wakeboarding
    • Catamaran Sailing
    • Bumper Ride or Tubing
    • Banana Boat Ride
    • Deep Sea Fishing
    • Kayaking Trip
    • Parasailing
    You might have noticed that I highlighted three activities, these are the ones that can be done during monsoon season. All others can be done from October to end of May only, sometimes up to first week of June.

When it comes to the weather, June can have some rain showers some days and other days might be sunny. You can explore other places apart from the beaches like churches, waterfalls and rivers. They are quite lovely during the monsoon season. Good luck!