1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ashrams to Stay in Varanasi

Discussion in 'Hotels' started by John1978, Jun 9, 2016.

1. John1978

John1978 New Member

I will be in India soon and will be mainly be visiting religious places along with the famous tourist areas as well. I will first be in Dehradun and make my way to Varanasi where I will spend around six days.
    Throughout my trip, I will be staying at small and cheap accommodations like guesthouses, and I when in Varanasi I know there are a lot of ashrams.
    I would like to know what ashrams to stay in Varanasi, please mention is the ashram have any special facilities like WiFi (it's a long shot, but trying my luck ;))

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Here's a list of a few ashram accommodations in Varanasi:

• Sadhu Bela Ashram
    • Mata Anandmai Ashram
    • Radha Swami Bag
    • Kabir Math
    • Shankaracharya Math
    • Jangambari Math
    • Karpatri Ji Math
    • Dandi Swami Math
    • Dharm Sangh
    • Nirajani Akhanra
    • Satua Baba Ashram
    These are all free ashram accommodations. You can stay in any of them while you are in Varanasi. A few notes though:
    • Make sure you ask permission a few weeks before your trip to Varanasi to stay in any of these ashrams.
    • The ashrams are places strictly for spiritual enlightenment.
    • You would need to participate in all four daily sessions of meditations and prayers.
    • Provide service for at least two hours in a day, be it cleaning, washing dishes or cooking.
    I hope this helps!