1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Chakrata near Mussorie

Discussion in 'North India' started by rahulnag, Dec 31, 2014.

1. rahulnag

rahulnag New Member

Hi All,

In January I am planning to go to Mussorie with my friends and we have a 4x4 vehicle for this trip. What we have planned so far is:

Day 1: Delhi to Rishikesh
    River rafting till Tapowan and drive from Rishikesh to Mussorie
    Day 2: Sightseeing and stay in Mussorie
    Day 3: Kepmty fall and back to Mussorie

I read somewhere that Chakrata is also a very nice place to visit and is not very far from Mussorie, can you tell me more about the place and what can I expect there. I would really love to get first hand advice.

2. Aadi

Aadi Member

Hi

Chakrata is around 100 km from Mussorie and around 70 km from Kempty falls, so if you want to make it then its better to go there right after visiting Kempty falls.
    It is just like any other hill station and for me it is a spot to enjoy my beer peacefully.

3. Gori Bride

Gori Bride Member

Make sure you fill up your tank because there is no petrol station at Chakrata.

4. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

Chakrata is a lot more peaceful and quite as compared to Mussorie where most of the tourists come and only a few go to Chakrata. There are very few hotels at Chakrata so it would be a good idea to book in advance instead of taking a chance of walking in especially in peak season.

5. Shiv

Shiv Member

Is this Chakrata place a tourist area, I have never heard of it before?

6. Deven

Deven Member

Chakrata was once a British India cantonment and is a place full of greenery and natural beauty. The forests in Chakrata are full of forests where one can go for long walks and simply admire the views around.
    The place is unknown to many and yet to be discovered, but as there is not much to see or do there the number of tourists is low. If you want to get some peace and simply relax then Chakrata is the place.

7. Shiv

Shiv Member

Chakrata is not a tourist area yet, but will be soon. It is like locations such as Spiti and Kinnaur which not many people are aware of, gradually these kind of places will become popular and bring in tourists.