1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Darjeeling travel advice

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by loveoflord, Dec 8, 2014.

Tags:
  1. loveoflord

loveoflord New Member

Hi

My girlfriend and I are heading to Darjeeling in January and we want to go trekking for a week plus 2-3 days to relax and observe the beauty of the mountains with comfort. I have been to India before but it is the first time for my girlfriend so she doesn't know how things go here and I really want to avoid endless bargains while I am with her. So what I need from community is:

1. Please recommend any clean and comfortable hotel to stay
    2. Recommendations for treks
    3. If you know any good and reliable guide and driver

Thanks in advance :)

2. Deven

Deven Member

Hi, Loveoflord. Please find below a reply to your queries.

1. Summit Yashshree Suites & Spa - Cost of hotel is Rs3000 per night and it is a very clean hotel with all the amenities one needs. Contact details of the hotel are as follows:
    Address: Daroga Bazar, Robertson Road, Near Mall, Darjeeling, West Bengal 734101
    Phone: 035
    3 304 0100

2. Little Tibet A Boutique Resort - Cost of hotel is Rs2500 per night. Contact details of the hotel are:
    Address: The Mall Darjeeling, Darjeeling, West Bengal 734101
    Phone: 0354 211 0100

3. The Swiss Hotel - Cost of the hotel is Rs1800 per night. Contact details of the hotel are:
    Address: 15/9A, Gandhi Road, Near Circuit House, Darjeeling, West Bengal 734101
    Phone: 0354 225 8079

4. Hotel Dip Palace - Cost of hotel is Rs2700 per night. Contact details of the hotel are:
    Address: 12/1, Laden La Road, Beech Wood, Near State Bank of India, Darjeeling, West Bengal 734101
    Phone: 075839 69481

You have not mentioned how many days you wish to go trekking for, so I am mentioning treks which range from one day to three days.

1. Tonglu & Tumling - One day trek
    2. Tumling - One day trek
    3. Tiger Hill Summit - One day trek
    4. Sandakphu - Two to three days trek

I would recommend you contact a tour operator in Darjeeling for treks, who would organize everything for you, a recommendation for tour operators who deal in treks is Ashmita Trek and Tours. They would also provide you with a guide and driver.