1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Haridwar To Auli By Bus

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Sonali Roy, Apr 18, 2016.

1. Sonali Roy

Sonali Roy New Member

As evident from my previous thread about reaching Haridwar I am going to visit Haridwar this Summer and while I am there I am planning to go to Auli on the same trip so I have a few questions if you could help me with these :

Is there a direct bus service between Haridwar and Auli?

How long does it take to get to Auli from Haridwar?

Are there any Volvo buses from Haridwar to Auli?

2. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

Yes there are a few buses that will take you straight from Haridwar to Auli but frequency of buses between Haridwar and Joshimath is way more than Auli and Auli is only 12KM from Joshimath from where you can get a bus or a taxi for Auli.

Buses from Haridwar to Joshimath take about 8-12 hours and another half an hour to Auli.

No

3. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

Again, I would recommend the train for this option, especially as it is a longer trip. The train from Haridwar to Joshimath is about 11 hours, and costs Rs 722, with a bus to Auli. It is not a convenient trip, but I believe it is still the better option, especially if you go with a nicer fare class.

4. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello!

Unfortunately, I wasn't able to find direct buses from Haridwar to Auli. But I was able find other alternatives:

1. Your first option would be to ride a bus from the Haridwar Bus Station going to Joshimath. I wasn't able to find other timings, just this one:
    • Haridwar to Joshimath UPSRTC Bus - Departure is at 5:30 and arrival is at 18:30. Fare is at Rs. 228.83 per person.
    From Joshimath, Auli is just 16 kms away. You can either ride a bus or taxi going to Auli.

You could also opt to ride the cable car from Joshimath to Auli. The cable car is open all day until 4:20 pm on winters and 5:30 pm during winters. This costs Rs. 500 per person.

2. Your next option would be to ride a bus from Haridwar to Rishikesh. There's plenty of them, about one every half hour. They're cheap too at Rs. 25 per person. Then, from Rishikesh, ride a bus going to Joshimath. Here's one timing I was able to find:
    • Rishikesh to Joshimath UTC Bus - Departure at 6:10 am.
    From Joshimath, you have the same options as above.

The distance between Haridwar and Joshimath is about 277 kms. Expect your journey time to be between 8 to 9 hours. From Joshimath to Auli, it's another 16 kms so maybe an hour or less.

I wasn't able to find such buses. I was only able to find ordinary state buses from Haridwar to Joshimath and from Haridwar to Rishikesh. The same goes for Joshimath to Auli.

I hope this helps!