1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How To Reach Gateway Of India?

Discussion in 'Maharashtra' started by JaitleyK, Mar 29, 2018.

1. JaitleyK

JaitleyK New Member

I will be in Mumbai for about a week at the end of April and I would like to see the Gateway of India. I would like to know how to reach Gateway of India?

Would traveling in public transport be a good idea?

I don't know where I would be staying in Mumbai, as I am yet to book my hotel!

2. Shiv

Shiv Member

As you don't know where you would be staying in Mumbai then the only two options I would suggest for reaching Gateway of India is by either local train or taxi. As the traffic in Mumbai is quite chaotic traveling by bus is not something I would suggest.

If you wish to travel by train then you need to reach Churchgate station which is the closest station to the Gateway of India. The distance from Churchgate station to the Gateway of India is about 2.1km which would take you about 12minutes to reach by auto. If you decided to talk from the station to the Gateway of India then it would take you about 25 minutes.

Radio taxis are easily available across India, so reaching the Gateway of India would by taxi wouldn't be a problem at all.

3. Deven

Deven Member

Visiting the Gateway of India in Mumbai is a great idea, and reaching there is quite convenient. Here's some information on how to reach the Gateway of India:

How to Reach Gateway of India:
    1. By Train:
      • If you're using the local train system in Mumbai, you can reach either the Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus (CST) or Churchgate station.
      • From CST, you can hire a taxi, take a bus, or use a rideshare service to reach the Gateway of India. The distance is approximately 2.5 kilometers.
      • From Churchgate, it's a similar distance, and you can also use local transportation options.
    2. By Bus:
      • Mumbai has a well-connected bus network. You can check local bus routes that pass by or near the Gateway of India and board a bus accordingly.
    3. By Taxi or Rideshare:
      • Taxis and rideshare services are readily available in Mumbai. You can use apps like Uber or Ola to book a ride to the Gateway of India.
    4. By Car:
      • If you're comfortable driving, you can hire a car or use your own and navigate to the Gateway of India. Keep in mind that traffic conditions in Mumbai can vary.
    Traveling in Public Transport:
    Using public transport in Mumbai is a practical option. The local trains and buses are commonly used by residents and visitors alike. However, during peak hours, trains and buses can get crowded. Taxis or rideshare services provide a more comfortable and convenient option, especially if you're not familiar with the local public transport system.

Staying in Mumbai:
    Since you haven't booked your hotel yet, consider staying in areas like Colaba, Fort, or Churchgate as they are close to the Gateway of India and offer a range of accommodation options.

Remember to check the COVID-19 guidelines and restrictions that may be in place during your visit. Enjoy your time in Mumbai and your visit to the iconic Gateway of India!