1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Jaipur to Dharamshala

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by mike140874, Dec 14, 2014.

1. mike140874

mike140874 New Member

Hi

I am in Goa right now and my next stop is Jaipur, I will be staying in Jaipur for a week and after that I will be heading towards Dharamshala in Himachal Pradesh. Is there any way by which I can travel directly from Jaipur to Dharamshala without staying in Delhi overnight or maybe can I get a direct train or bus from Jaipur to Dharamshala?

I will not mind to pay a bit extra for direct trip from Jaipur to Himacla but I just want to avoid staying or taking a stop in Delhi.

2. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

It is going to be more hassle going direct because there are no direct trains and you will have to break up your journey any way.

You can take Ajmer Jammu Tawi express train from Jaipur to Pathankot (Chakki Bank) and from there Dharamshala is a little less then 100Km but it is still a good 3-4 hour drive due to hills. You can either take a bus from there or hire a cab.

3. Karan

Karan Member

There might not be direct train or bus services from Jaipur to Dharamshala. However, it's important to check for the most current information as transportation services can change.

Here are some options you can consider:

1. Train Travel:
    • Check the official website of Indian Railways (https://www.irctc.co.in/) or other reliable railway booking platforms for the latest schedules and availability.
    • Look for trains that connect Jaipur to major railway stations in Himachal Pradesh, such as Pathankot or Una. From there, you can consider local transportation to reach Dharamshala.
    2. Bus Services:
    • Explore long-distance bus services that connect Jaipur to Himachal Pradesh. State-run and private bus operators might offer services to major towns in Himachal Pradesh, and from there, you can take local transportation to Dharamshala.
    3. Flight:
    • Consider taking a flight from Jaipur to an airport near Dharamshala, such as Kangra Airport (Gaggal). Then, you can use local transportation to reach Dharamshala.
    4. Private Taxi or Car Rental:
    • If you prefer a more direct and comfortable option, you can hire a private taxi or use a car rental service. This will allow you to travel at your own pace and avoid overnight stays.
    5. Combination of Transportation:
    • Sometimes, you might need to combine different modes of transportation to reach your destination. For example, you can take a train or bus to a major city in Himachal Pradesh and then use local transportation to reach Dharamshala.
    Important Tips:
    • Verify the latest information on schedules and availability.
    • Book your tickets in advance, especially during peak travel seasons.
    • Check for any travel restrictions or guidelines due to the ongoing global situation.
    It's recommended to check with local transportation authorities, travel agencies, or online platforms for the most up-to-date information and to plan your journey based on your preferences and schedule.