1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Pakistani traveling to India

Discussion in 'Travel advice' started by md.sharif, Dec 26, 2014.

1. md.sharif

md.sharif New Member

Hi

I am from Lahore, and want to visit India on a tourist visa, what is the procedure and restrictions which I need to follow? Do I need to inform the police or need any special permission before visiting any place?

Please advice what I can expect in India and can I travel safely on my own?

2. ChaiNashta

ChaiNashta Active Member

Pakistani nationals get a visitors visa that has a mention of which city you can visit and thats where you stay for the whole duration. Your visa will mention the cities you can go to and if you are found else where you will most likely be arrested and deported.

My advise to you would be to avoid India and look East and try Afghanistan and see if you like it there :) Also culturally it is more closer to Pakistan and you would feel at home there.

3. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

Firstly I don't think it is easy to get a visa for India if you are from Pakistan as mostly you only get them for religious visits and stuff like that and even if you do manage to get a tourist visa you will have to stay at only those places where the visa is for. Your hotel will inform the police not you I guess but it is always best to check with the authorities.

4. Rumikhan

Rumikhan New Member

What is your purpose of visit? If you have any relatives living in India then it may ease the process and complications otherwise its not very easy to get a Visa for for India.

5. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

Mostly the purpose of visit for Pakistanis visiting India is planting a bomb somewhere to kill a few Indians but if your purpose is different then you are most welcome :)

It is not easy to get a visa for Pakistanis even if they are citizens of another country with Pakistani roots in some way. The investigation actually goes up to 2 some times 3 generations. If you happen to be related to the areas that are occupied by Pakistan what they call Azad Kashmir then forget about a visa and look else where or send me the money and I will take a few pictures for you in India and email them to you. :)