1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to get canned spam in New Delhi

Discussion in 'Food & Drinks' started by flyingfin, Nov 27, 2014.

Tags:
  1. flyingfin

flyingfin New Member

Hello

I have been searching for canned spam everywhere in Delhi but it seems to be unavailable everywhere, all the stores got chicken products but nobody has canned spam. Is there any store or place from where I can buy canned spam in Delhi or Gurgaon? I am located in South Delhi.

Thanks

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

I am yet to come across spam in India. You wont find it in run of the mill stores. You may try it at INA market may be but I am not very positive on that.

Otherwise there are plenty of decent fresh meat and poultry shops in Delhi.

3. Aadi

Aadi Member

You will not find canned spam in any store across Delhi, the only place where you can find it is INA market. INA market is just 5 minutes walk from South Ex. market and there you can find anything and everything you are looking for. Starting from cabbage to crabs everything is available there. Some people believe beef is not available in India but they have no idea what spam is and they sell spam beef burgers at INA market, I have seen it myself even though I do not eat beef myself but lots of foreigners buy beef burgers from INA market.

I don't think there is anything that you cannot find in Delhi if you just know where to look for it.

4. ChaiNashta

ChaiNashta Active Member

Be very careful what you buy from INA market and be sure to check use by date (expiry date). I bought some Alfonso mangoes from there and they turned out to be rotten with holes hidden under the stickers. I went back to the shopkeeper the next day and returned all of it and got my money back after a bit of argument.

5. DhongiBaba

DhongiBaba Active Member

You wont find Spam at INA market either. I have never seen it in India and there is no reason why some one should be looking for it so desperately. The poisons we eat with different meats and poultry are the same world wide so eat while you live :) There are plenty of fresh meat shops in Delhi which operate with international standards of hygiene.