1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Best Theme Park in Chennai

Discussion in 'Tamil Nadu' started by SushilL, Jun 23, 2016.

1. SushilL

SushilL New Member

I am currently in Chennai on a work basis, and I have another 20 days left here. My family will be joining me in Chennai for one week. I would like to take my wife and kids out to see places which I have found out about, but want to take my kids to a theme park which they would love.
    I need to know which is the best theme park in Chennai. I would like to know information about the theme park, like entry cost and timings.

2. briannagodess

briannagodess Well-Known Member

Hello and welcome to the forum!

Here's a list of the best theme parks in Chennai:

• Dolphin City and Little Folks. It is located about 45 kms away from Chennai. It was around 1999 when it was first operational. It has its own water tank with dolphins in it. Apart from that, the Sea Lion Show (Replaced the Dolphin Show) is also a major tourist attraction. Inside the park, there are some restaurants that you can try different cuisines in. There's also some shops selling souvenirs and even electronics. There's also other activities that you can do: leisure boating, disco scooter, animal simulator, chuck wagon, underwater view, slide swimming pool, enjoy tea cup, a show at the theatre and dragon riding. Little Folks caters mostly for children, it has rides and games just for them. Located at: East Coast Road, Chennai. Open from 10:00 am to 7:00 pm. Entry fees are: Rs. 50 for adults and Rs. 10 for children.
    • Kishkinta. With an area of around 120 acres, every family can have fun in Kishkinta. Set amidst lush greenery with landscaped hills and lakes, it's a theme park with water rides as well as dry rides. You can try out the water rides: white water ride, flume, aqua slide, tube slide, wave pool, dome slide, kamikaze, anaconda, multi-lane, water volcano and eskimo ride. There's also fun water wars that guests can enjoy like water twister, water zooka and many more. Dry rides include zyclone, super jumper, disco dancer, dragon coaster, space shuttle, arabian nights, tora tora, bumper cars and road train. There's a water ski show and a musical fountain show as well. For the kids, there are rides like helicopter, duck train and kangaroo. For food, there's the Bamboo Restaurant and a Food Village. Located at: Navodaya Mass Entertainments Ltd, 82, Varadarajapuram, Darkas Ward - II, Near Tambaram, Chennai 600 044. Entry fees are: Rs. 450 for adults and Rs. 350 for children. Open from 10:30 am to 7:00 pm on weekdays. Open from 10:30 am to 8:00 pm on weekends and holidays.
    • MGM Dizzee World. With the tagline, "We're big on fun," MGM Dizzee world certainly deliver. They have adult rides like big wheel, caribbean swing, creeper bug, disco saucer and many more. They also have kiddie rides like batman jet, caterpillar, cup saucer, dizzee express and many more. They also have fun family rides like the carousel, reindeer coaster and many more. They have two restaurants, one for vegetarians and the other, a multi-cuisine one. The Jumbo Package for adults costs Rs. 599 and for the kids, Rs. 499. Located at: No:1/74,East Coast Road, Muttukadu, Chennai 600 112. They are open from 10:30 am to 6:30 pm on weekdays. And during weekends and holidays, from 10:30 am to 7:30 pm.
    • VGP Universal Kingdom. This theme park has won several awards already. It has different rides for kids and adults. Children's rides include carousel, baby train, water duck, helicopter and many more. For the adults, there's super trooper, dashing cars, water chute and many more. There's also some family rides like balloon racer, aero ship and many more. There are shows during the weekends as well. Lots of restaurants and food stalls to choose from too. Located at: East Coast Road, Injambakkam, Chennai 600041. Entry fees are: Access to just VGP Kingdom - Rs. 350 for adults and Rs. 300 for children, Access to VGP Kingdom and Aqua Kingdom - Rs. 475 for adults and Rs. 375 for children. Open from Monday to Saturday, 9:00 am to 7:30 pm.
    • Queensland Amusement Park. Tagged as the great amusement paradise, this theme park is one of the most popular ones in Chennai. There's a swimming pool, wave pool and a frog slide kiddie pool. Some children's rides are child bumper car, trambolin, kids taxi, wing weight and many more. The whole family can enjoy rides like mirror house, cable car, dragon fly and many more. For the fearless ones, try the free fall tower, octopus, roller coaster and other thrilling rides. Open from Tuesday to Wednesday at 10:00 am to 7:00 pm. Entry fee is Rs. 550 for adults and Rs. 450 for children. Located at: Queens Land, Bangalore Trunk Road, Palanjur Chennai 602 103.
    I hope this helps! Enjoy your trip!