1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Boating in Naini Lake in Delhi

Discussion in 'North India' started by Gaurav, May 26, 2015.

1. Gaurav

Gaurav New Member

The title may astonish you a bit just like I was astonished when I heard about the lake from a friend who visited Delhi after my visit. When visiting Delhi we only hear about places like India Gate, President House, Qutab Minar, shopping places, museums etc, but the one places which gets missed out is Naini Lake, and that too in the middle of Delhi.
    When my friend told me about it I thought he was just pulling my leg as thinking of a lake being in Delhi who would imagine that! To my amazement he had showed me the pictures and saw information on it there is a lake in Delhi which is in Model Town 1. Boating can be done there and there is a charge of Rs50 for 30minutes.

I think places like these should be made aware of more which is why I have created this thread, so that those who visit Delhi don't miss out on the lake like I did...:(

2. Prits

Prits Member

True hardly anyone knows about this lake in Delhi and it should be mentioned in places to see in Delhi, it is nothing major but something.
    Although Faridabad is not in Delhi but part of NCR I will like to add that in Faridabad there is death valley which is a valley with seven lakes, never seen it but something on the to see list!

3. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

being a delhi-ite i dont know about this lake..:confused:
    thanks for the info!

4. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

LOL

Never heard of this one myself. I have lived in Delhi most of my life and been to that area many times but didint have a clue that we have a lake there :) I hope the shore is not used as a sulabh shochalaya in the early mornings :)

BadBoy likes this.
  5. Rishi

Rishi New Member

I dont even think it would be worth going to, because if it was so good it would have been known about, at least to the people who live in Delhi.

6. Shik

Shik New Member

Naini lake is a place which to a surprise has been maintained very well, it is clean and free from any dirty clutter or smell. When I went there sometime last year what I liked the most was that there was a separate track for people to go walking or jogging, a bliss for those who live near the lake. Who would have amazing natural surroundings in the heart of Delhi!

7. Major

Major New Member

There are fishes in the lake as well, it is best visited during the early mornings when the air is fresh and there is not much crowd there, you can have a nice jog or walk. I have been to the park for about 5 days but then it wasn't really feasible for me to travel that far every morning. I big perk for those who live near the park.

8. Prits

Prits Member

Rs50 for 30 minutes, don't know about this maybe it is too much but it would depend on the size of the lake and the atmosphere of the place. Anymore information on Naini Lake, like timings and size of the area?
    May consider visiting the lake...:)