1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can You Walk Everywhere?

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Jackie, Dec 24, 2015.

1. Jackie

Jackie Member

Here in the United States, things tend to be spread out such that you can't walk to many places. We are highly dependent on cars. I'm kind of hoping that I can find a place in India to visit where I can just walk everywhere. Is that possible or are most places in India car-dependent, too?

2. Off the cuff

Off the cuff New Member

I think you'll find it easier to walk if you are just looking round a general area, but have to travel for the main sights. Personally I like to just explore a random regular neighborhood sometimes. It is a nice balance to the usual 'must see' tourism style.

3. Sammie

Sammie Member

That's true off the cuff. It is good to see how the native people live and work. I like to visit neighborhoods in tourist places to see the interaction between the people who live there and get ideas from them on where to go and what to avoid. This usually works in areas where they actually speak your language. It is good to ask at the hotel you are staying in on where it's safe to travel so you don't get in trouble by traveling in neighborhoods that tourists should avoid.