1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Delhi To Jaipur Train

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Nitish, Mar 30, 2016.

1. Nitish

Nitish New Member

I have put some queries forward for members about my trip from Delhi to Jaipur in another thread, and I now have some change of thought!
    I was thinking whether the trip from Delhi to Jaipur would be better by train, first of all, it would get rid of the hassle of driving, no traffic and it would be comfortable. The only effort which would need to be made would be getting to the train station and on top of that spending the extra money on public transport within Jaipur. Again I have a few questions which would help me decide whether a Delhi to Jaipur train would be better or taking my own car.

1. The most important question is there even a train which goes from Delhi to Jaipur?

2. Which works out to be cheaper traveling by car or train (including the cost to travel within Jaipur)?

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

There are plenty of trains from Delhi to Jaipur.

If you plan to see all the forts and palaces in and around Jaipur then it is going to be cheaper and better to take your own car. It might work out cheaper using public transport if you don't mind the hassle but getting a taxi for sightseeing will work out a lot more than taking your own car even if it uses petrol and not diesel.

3. jnorth88

jnorth88 Active Member

Yes, this will depend a lot on the sites you want to visit. The train will always be cheaper to get you there, but it is the cost of the last mile which will break your budget. It is possible to go on foot or by bike to many places, but I don't know if that is an option to you. I suggest you look at a map and see how far the landmarks are apart and make some decisions based on that.

4. rajesh

rajesh Member

There are almost 40+ trains running from Delhi to Jaipur. I would just like to give you the info that among all the trains, the fastest one is the Ajmer Shatabdi Express.

In my opinion, you should travel to Jaipur by train as it will be cheaper than a personal car or taxi. As far as the cost of travelling within Jaipur is concerned, you can book a taxi to visit the places in Jaipur. In Jaipur, travelling by taxi will always be cheaper than s personal car.