Traveling to Agra via Yamuna Expressway

Discussion in 'North India' started by Sunny, May 7, 2015.

1. Sunny

Sunny New Member

I would like to know whether traveling to Agra via Yamuna expressway is a good idea. I heard some stories that if traveling on the expressway you should not travel at night as it is not safe, is this true?
    How much of a difference does it make with time when traveling on the expressway to Agra?

2. Deven

Deven Member

I haven't heard anything of such sort and in fact have travelled at night as well.
    If you travel to Agra via Yamuna expressway it makes a huge difference of between 1 and half hours to 2 hours shorter time than the usual route.

3. Shiv

Shiv Member

People only say that it is not safe to travel at night, because the place is quite deserted and if there is a problem then there is no help near by, or if sometimes the bad behaviour kind of people are on the highway at night then they generally cause hassle and problems for fellow travellers.

4. Sunny

Sunny New Member

Thanks for the advise guys, I think it would be best to travel during daylight hours.

5. Chahal

Chahal ਜੱਟ ਕੀ ਤੇ ਘੱਟ ਕੀ Staff Member

It would take less then two hours to get to Agra exit from Delhi if you take the Taj expressway. I have used it during the day as well as night and never had a problem. There is highway patrol at night too so if your car breaks down you will get help regardless of what time of the day it is.

Sunny likes this.