1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Travelling from Delhi Airport to Punjab

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Raks, Mar 21, 2015.

1. Raks

Raks New Member

I am going to be landing at Delhi Airport on 27th February 2014 and because I wont have anyone to come and receive me at the airport I am going to have to make my own way to Punjab. I will need to get to Jalandhar to be precise and if it is possible from the airport it would better, if not then I don't mind travelling to the nearest train or bus stop. Please suggest the best and quickest way to get from Delhi airport to Jalandhar.

2. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

You can get a direct bus from the airport to Jallandhar which is operated by India-Canadian transport. Tickets are a bit on the higher side but you get the convenience of boarding the bus right at the airport. Google their website or you can buy a ticket once you get to the airport as the frequency of buses is also good.

Another option is to get the Shatabdi train which runs from New Delhi railway station but you would need to prebook your ticket on IRCTC website. These trains run twice a day at 6ish in the morning and 4-5 in the evening. I am not too sure about the exact timings.

3. Gori Bride

Gori Bride Member

The price of Indo canadian bus tickets is too high. If you value convenience over money then go for it but it would cost you less then half the amount if you just got a taxi to the ISBT and got ove of the volvo buses that run at frequent intervals.

4. panchabhut

panchabhut New Member

not sure how a person who was supposed to have arrived on 27-Feb-2014 can seek advice for transport on 21-Mar-2015.
    But if you are willing to travel by Train, there are several trains from New Delhi Railway station, both overnight as well as day only. The most prominent are the Swarna Satabdi at 7.20 AM and the Amritsar Satabdi at 4.30 PM. You can catch the Airport Metro and directly reach the New Delhi Station.
    Keep a margin of 3 hours from the time of arrival of your flight and book your train ticket well in advance from www.irctc.co.in

5. Admin

About 15 threads and their replies were moved from indiatravel.community to here and thats why the dates are messed up. This forum was using invision and the other one was using xenforo so thats what has happened.

6. BadBoy

BadBoy Active Member

hmm so thats good ;).. i neva understood the reason for two forums on the same topics.

7. Admin

Ha ha ha :) I have chopped off the other site with the dagger you see in my avatar.

BadBoy likes this.
  8. KK

KK Member

Getting the shatabi train is also a good option, it runs from Delhi twice a day once 7am and once 7pm and arrives in Jalandhar in around 5-6 hours.

9. Akshay

Akshay Member

Easy ways to go from Delhi to Jallandhar (or anywhere else in Punjab) is either by the Indo Canadian bus from the airport or getting the Shatabi train. The only problem is that with the train tickets you need to prebook.

Sent from my 6043D using Tapatalk